Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D to 3D

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jciversen
234 Views, 2 Replies

2D to 3D

I have a drawing (DWG File) that I am trying to convert to 3D however when I import it into Inventor, every drawing comes up as individual drawings so when converting 2d to 3d I have to click every one individually (every little line, curve, etc.), when I try to highlight the "base drawing" for 3D it won't let me. Is there anyway in inventor to group drawings (like in Autocad) so that when converting 2d to 3d I just have to click/highlight the single drawing?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BeKirra
in reply to: jciversen

IMHO, you need to learn more about Inventor.

"Converting" 2d drawing (well, let say "2d object") to 3d is not straightforward.

In other words, converting 2d to 3d is not changing the thickness of 2d object by one click.

You have to interpret the 3 dimensions (X,Y,Z) from 2d object to the 3d solid and define the 3d orientation.

In most caeses, you have to create the 3d drawing from scratch.

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: jciversen

Attach your dwg file here.

Did you have it set to Open or Import?

Did you have it set to Combine Endpoints (add coincident constraints)?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report