Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D iParts in Assemblies?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dmachak
291 Views, 2 Replies

2D iParts in Assemblies?

Hi,

This is using Inventor 2013 Profesional.

I've created a simple iPart and want to insert multiple instances of it into an assembly. The plan is to use a parameter-driven iPart to create multiple variations on the same basic model which will eventually be lasercut.

I've included a sample archive. 2DiPart is a simple part with a couple parameters. 2Dassembly is where I've tried to include this part. I'm able to walk through all the dialogs to place the iPart, and will even see it in the canvas as I select the insertion point. However, after I dismiss the dialog, nothing shows up in the canvas. I'm still able to see the component instances in the project explorer however.

Am I missing a step here, or is this just not supported. I'm open to other suggestions as well about how to best to get multiple instances of a parametric iPart into a drawing that can be lasercut.

Thanks,
Dan

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LT.Rusty
in reply to: dmachak

Add an extrusion.

You'll still be able to put your parts into a drawing in 2D, but it appears that you need to have at least one actual feature for the iParts to appear in the assembly.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
dmachak
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Thanks LT.Rusty that did the trick. Once the extrusion was added, I could add multiple versions of the iParts to the assembly and was able to proceed with creating a DWG and getting it into Corel for laser cutting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report