Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 keyboard shortcuts, ribbon icon sizes, view cube default plate

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
K_Mag
2332 Views, 5 Replies

2014 keyboard shortcuts, ribbon icon sizes, view cube default plate

Hello,

I'm encountering some problems with my inventor suite, perhaps someone can help.

Problem 1. Ribbon appearance keeps on resetting to small.

Each time I start inventor, all the ribon icons are small. I can right click on the ribbon, go to ribbon appearance>normal to change them, but they reset back to small the next time inventor starts. I keep reading that this has something to do with permissions, but don't know which ones.

Problem 2. Cannot set the XY+Z plane to default as top rather than front.

I would like the XY+Z plane to default to top plane, and the front plane to be XZ+Y, so the my front and top would be oriented with that of milling machines. I can right click on the view cube>options, and change the default viewcube orientation planes, however that has no effect on either the part I am currently editing, nor does it change the default orientation the next time I create a new part. The only way is to rotate the view cube so that I am looking at XY+Z, right click on the cube and select make current view top, but I have to do that on every single file.

Problem 2. Keyboard shortcuts (mostly) quit working in 2014.

In inventor 2013, I could press "S" to create a sketch, I could press "E" to start the extrusion dialong directly from a sketch, or R to bring up the revolve dialog. None of this seems to work in 2014. Pressing the "S" key does nothing, while the "E" and "R" keys bring up the appropriate dialogs only after finishing a sketch (and sometimes not even then). Strangly, the "H" key still brings up the hole dialog directly from the sketch, just as before.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dan_inv09
in reply to: K_Mag

On the first problem 2 after the Make current view top, Save As Template (I'd make a back-up of the old Standard part first, but you probably shouldn't need to).

Message 3 of 6
K_Mag
in reply to: dan_inv09

Thanks, and apologies for the unconventional problem count!
Message 4 of 6
samiharada

Hi,

Would you mind disabling(stop auto-loading) add-ins then see if you still see the issue?

Close all documents > [Tools] tab - "Options" panel - Add-Ins > Click on each add-ins

> uncheck "Load Automatically" > [OK] > re-launch Inventor...

Thank you,

-Sami Harada

Inventor Framework QA

Autodesk Inc.

Email_Signature_Logobar.jpg

Message 5 of 6
K_Mag
in reply to: samiharada

While dan's advice did solve the first number 2, the other two problems remain, and are completely unaffected by disabling add-ins
Message 6 of 6
K_Mag

Bump, I still have malfunctioning keyboard shortcuts. Any ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report