Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Pro - FREEZE when opening Styles Editor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
schnautza
359 Views, 4 Replies

2014 Pro - FREEZE when opening Styles Editor

The title says it all - my session has been non-responsive for at least 10 minutes now wince clicking on the "Styles Editor" on the ribbon.

My templates are all stored on our network, which is currently accessible. I'm NOT a Vault user.

I have one assembly open (1000+ parts) and one drawing open. I even closed every other program on my computer and am still hung up.

This issue has happened several times in the past couple weeks.

Anybody else having problems? Or know a fix?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
schnautza
in reply to: schnautza

For what it's worth, a reboot seems to have it working again for now. Time will tell if it happens again.

Strange that the style editor was the only thing that was having problems (if my computer's memory really was just filled up).

Message 3 of 5

I had this problem as well. I did not have to close Inventor to solve it. I opened a new instance of Inventor and opened the styles editor and closed it. I also edited an annotation on a drawing. At some point, the frozen instance of Inventor became responsive again. I am not sure which action on the second instance caused this.

Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: spenserlouderback

It could be a bad/corrupt user profile. Try logging in as a different user on your PC. If that solves the problem, let me know and I will post the process to repair your profile account.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: schnautza

Hi! Have you applied all the Service Packs and Updates? If no, please go ahead do that. The behavior does sound like an issue specific to certain hardware, which might have been resolved by a patch earlier.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report