Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Pro Crashing at Part Edit

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
anderson51
495 Views, 7 Replies

2014 Pro Crashing at Part Edit

I am experiencing a significant amount of crashing with Inventor Professional 2014. I have installed the Service Pack 1 and it doesn’t seem to be helping. Typically it is happening when I try and edit an .ipt through an iam. Is this a known issue that others are complaining of?

Attached are my computer specs.

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi anderson51,

If you go to the Tools tab > Application Options > Hardware tab and set it to Performance or Compatibility does that help?

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-F39A7D5F-86E5-4F48-9313-8303E9A799BA

Also, make sure you have the latest service pack and hotfixes installed:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads#?rows=10&sort=score

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 8
blair
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Try changing to a different USER Log-In. Preferably one with Admin Privileges. If I am working in a IAM file and creating a number of new parts within the IAM and don't do a save to actually save the new parts, Inventor will become unstable. The first save is really important to it's stability.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 8
anderson51
in reply to: blair

Thanks Blair,

When you say change to a User with Admin privileges....are you meaning Windows user?

Message 5 of 8
blair
in reply to: anderson51

Yes, If you already have Admin Priv, try a different user. This will also determine if your Profile in Windows has become corrupt.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

and of course its always a good suggestion to ensure you are on the latest graphics card driver... Not the Autodesk certified list junk.. The lastest from the cards manufacturers website. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Did you submit crash reports when Inventor crashed? If yes, please let me know what email address you submit the reports with. Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 8
anderson51

I did a complete re-install and am now running fine.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report