Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Nvidia K5000 IDW glitches

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
NeilClasby75
628 Views, 3 Replies

2014 Nvidia K5000 IDW glitches

Hi

I've noticed a lot of graphical glitches when in an IDW drawing of 2014 (update 1, and original).

I have the latest K5000 drivers (3.20), plus have tried the Autodesk certified drivers.

The glitches occur with broken views, which I use all the time.  The lower half of the view, below the break, is not rendered in colour.  Plus when I zoom into the drawing the colour render does not match the black lines.

The black lines are all correct, just the colour render fill.

When I click the view it will fill the lower half, but when I zoom I still have the misaligning colour render.

I'm having quite a few issues with the K5000 (anti-aliasing, separate thread), and am also in discussion with Nvidia.

I would really like some feedback from Autodesk on this as it was not a cheap graphics card.

Regards, Neil.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Neil,

I'll see what I can find out about this for you; I think we've got that same card in the office here, so will try some tests.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4

Hi Chris

Thanks, that would be great.

Hope you're well.

Regards, Neil.

Message 4 of 4

Thanks for reporting this Neil,

It's not specific to the K5000 card, but is an issue with Inventor graphics when working with rendered, broken drawing views.

There are 2 workarounds:

• Change Graphics setting to Compatibility mode from Tools/ Application options / Hardware tab
  • Set the Use Bitmap "Always", option from Tools, Document Settings.

Obviously neither of these are ideal. This is being investigated for resolution in an upcoming update.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report