Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 to 2014 migration: missing files

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
graemev
1220 Views, 29 Replies

2013 to 2014 migration: missing files

We've finally nibbled the bullet and upgraded to 2014.  I'm getting errors in the Task Scheduler logs about missing files in various projects.  It would appear that (almost) without exception, the failed files are all Content Center parts that were inserted as custom parts.  Do I need to run a migration on the Content Center parts (Inventor/ContentCenter Files/R2013/en-US) in order for the custom parts to migrate properly?

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
blair
in reply to: graemev

1.) Need to create a new Project File (you will find this in almost all of my posts)

2.) If you are not planning on modifying the CC parts, add the directory to your Libraries.

3.) I would try with the upper most directory: Inventor>Content Center FIles:

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 22 of 30
graemev
in reply to: blair

My appologies, but it seems the missing parts are standard CC parts, not customized ones.  The new install of IV2014 points to the Content Center library in teh Application options dialog, Content Center tab.  We don't use Vault, so it's all Inventor Desktop Content, just like the last release.  Our IT department completely removed IV2013 either prior to or during the upgrade.  (Prior, I suspect.)  The model files generated by the content center in "%UserID%/Documents/Inventor/Content Center/R2013/en-US" (path not likely exact, but you get the picture) remain intact.  Those are the files for which Inventor is trying to resolve the link.  Migrated, not migrated, elsewhere... all seem to make no difference.

I've tried adding a path to the en-US folder, but either I'm placing the path in the wrong segment of the project file dialog, or it's not recursive, or it simply doesn't like it.  (Maybe it's a pheromone problem: I need to smell right.)

Message 23 of 30
blair

I would just move the IV2013 CC files in to the IV2014 CC files as long as the names are unique.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 24 of 30
graemev

Did that, though I did retain the directory structure.  No joy.

Maybe all piled into the top level folder?

Message 25 of 30
blair

If the file names are unique, just move the files into the 2014 CC folder. If you look at the Application Options>File: you will see that the CC defaults to the 2014 directory

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 26 of 30
graemev

Did that too.  No joy.

Message 27 of 30
graemev

Please indicate on the doll where I should molest it:

Projects.JPG

Message 28 of 30
blair

If you don't want to make changes to them, then just click the Library Folder to highlight it, then select the "+" icon on the RH side of the "Edit Project" window and add the directory, then enter the directory path.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 29 of 30
graemev

Added the path in the Libraries bit (two down from the "Workspace" item in the posted graphic):

- to the R2013 folder: no joy

- to the R2013/en-US folder: no joy

- to each of the above with all of the .ipt files moved into that specific folder: no joy

Changed the Content Center Files path under the "Folder Options" bit to the R2013 folder: no joy.

I'm running out of options!

Message 30 of 30
graemev

Oy!

Found the problem: right file structure, wrong DRIVE!!  (D'oh!)  Some fool (probably me) moved all the content center folders to a server drive, not the local one. Smiley Frustrated

Move along, folks, nothing to see here.

Thanks for the help, though.  It truly is appreciated.  Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report