Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013: custom Material Library

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Allen_Hart
1067 Views, 3 Replies

2013: custom Material Library

I've made my own material library containing a short list of materials from the Inventor default library.  And I have set my Project ipj to use it as the default library.  All works OK.  But, every time I make a new project ipj I have to go find my custom library adsklib file to add it to the project.  Is there a certain folder the adsklib file need to live in so that new projects will pick it up automatically?

Thanks, Allen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dave.anderson
in reply to: Allen_Hart

There are 2 materials libraries

Autodesk: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\2013

&
Inventor: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Materials 

Have a look here: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/1364-Fundamen1364/1443-Materia...

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4

Allen,

Unfortunately not, you will have to add your custom adsklib file to each project file that needs access to it.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
jalexander
in reply to: Allen_Hart

It would be really nice if the custom material library followed the default project file similar to everything else.  Is there any way we can add this functionality in the future? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report