Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 - Weird Ordinate dims

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
karthur1
279 Views, 3 Replies

2013 - Weird Ordinate dims

Did a copy design and now I am reviewing my idw and correcting the dims.  Came across this part and I noticed that the dimensions were off in space.  What puzzled me is that if they were not connected to geometry, then they should be pink (sick) but they were not.

I tried to slide the dims over and connect it to some geometry, but the dims will not connect.

A hole note on the same part shows the same problem.

I have already corrected one part that did this by deleting it and redimensioning it.  I thought it was just a fluke, then I seen it again in the same idw.

First time that I have seen anything like this in 2013 or any version of Inventor.  I just installed 2013 update 1 also.

Like I said, deleting the view and placing it back on the sheet corrects the problem, but it also takes $time$ to do that.

Here is a video of what I'm seeing.

http://screencast.com/t/elBdbAuTNRB

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Can you share the drawing with us to investigate the issue further.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 4

Here you go.  Refer to the video in the original post to see the issue.

In the same idw, on some of the other parts that have ordinate dims,  try to add a new member to an existing set.  It would not work on some of the parts that I tried it on.

Kirk

Message 4 of 4

Vinod,

Were you able to take a look at the idw?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report