Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013- Rotate idw view Horiz or Vertical

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
karthur1
833 Views, 5 Replies

2013- Rotate idw view Horiz or Vertical

In 2013, just placed a view in an idw.  Now I need it rotated 90°.  In pre2012, there was a rotate Horizontal and Rotate vertical command where we could pick the edge and it would align to it.

Has that been taken out of 2013 or am I just overlooking it?  Restarted Inventor and that didnt help.  I did not restore the marking menu because I have some customizations that I dont want to lose.

2012-05-19_2219.png

For what its worth, Wiki help shows the "Rotate View" command in the video..... maybe I dont have the full version...IDK.  Looks like I am missing several commands here, like Apply Design View.

2012-05-19_2228.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nmunro
in reply to: karthur1

Sounds like you have the short overflow menu option turned on. Full menu is what you want.

Tools > Customize ....

https://c3mcad.com

Message 3 of 6
trumpy81

Rotate should bring up a small dialog which allows rotating the view or the camera angle. See the attached picture of the dialog.

You can select by 'edge', 'absolute angle' or 'relative angle' either horizontal or vertical.

Selecting 'absolute angle' or 'relative angle' allows you to enter the value in degrees.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 4 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: trumpy81

Andy,

I have seen this dialog many times and thats exactly where I was trying to get.  I have been using Inventor (daily) since R4. Not sure if the rotate view command was even there then...lol. So, I know how its supposed to work.

I changed to the full menu like Neil suggested and I see it now.

Thanks,

Kirk

Message 5 of 6
cmcconnell

I think it can be accessed in the browser when using teh short menu as well. Not sure though - I turn off the Marking Menu...

Mechanix Design Solutions inc.
Message 6 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: cmcconnell

I'm trying to get used to the marking menu, so I am running with it on.  I was just surprised when mine didnt look like what was in help (well, no it really didnt surprise me). I hated the ribbon when it came out too, but now I prefer it over the old toolbar. Even though on some commands it takes me 2 or 3 more clicks to do what I want.

Actually, I dont think that I looked in the browser and I definitely can tonight.  I like the short menu better compare to the full menu.  I know the rotate command was available in the browser in 2011 (looking at it right now actually).

Thanks Corey,

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report