Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 How do I edit appearance of whole part?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
NeilClasby75
365 Views, 5 Replies

2013 How do I edit appearance of whole part?

Hi

In 2012 (and earlier) you rotated the texture in Style Editor.  I appreciate this was limited vs the new method.

I have parts with lots of faces and need to rotate all the faces at the same time, like 2012.  Anybody know how?

Also, I need the changes to be updated in all iparts, whereas at the moment the Adjust only seems to affect each one.  Again, much less limited, but I need the option to update all at once too.

Cheers, Neil.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
NeilClasby75
in reply to: NeilClasby75

Just worked it out.

I had adjusted several iParts separately, which I think messed things up a little.

I cleared all adjustments from All Parts, then re-applied the material, then adjusted the body. 

One point to note is that when I zoom in to the point where the new material control GUI moves to the bottom edge of the screen I loose the rotation grab node.

Message 3 of 6
NeilClasby75

Next issue.

I have updated the parts in the ipt and all are fine.

Now when I go into the assembly the material has the basic orientation and scale, not the adjusted value of the part file?

Message 4 of 6
NeilClasby75

I have setup a new part and assembly.

This seems to work correctly.

When I convert to an ipart i get problems.  Initially the part goes grey in the assembly, even when I have done a rebuild and regenerated the iparts.

The rotated material on the ends of the extrusion seems to work, but the scale of the length of extrusion has reverted to the default in the assembly.

Help.

I completely understand the reasoning behind the major change in materials, and in time the extra abilities and material will be good.  But at the moment this means that my whole library of drawings will now appear different colours, which is concerning.  I would not wish to stick with the old as I'm sure that would only push the issue further back in time.

Message 5 of 6
NeilClasby75

With iParts you need to generate each part separately rather than selecting all the factory members (using shift) and generating together.  Even deleting the factory members in their iPart folder still requires individual regeneration of the iParts.

Message 6 of 6
NeilClasby75

This works sometimes.  Not always and not first time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report