Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 file error: 'Error opening a storage in database' with another message

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
4451 Views, 2 Replies

2011 file error: 'Error opening a storage in database' with another message

Hey folks, I'm getting this error on one .idw from my server. Ant idea if the file can be recovered or is it done for?

Attached a screenshot of the error window as well.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Daniela_Koloszko
in reply to: Anonymous

Errors like this can be related to the location of the file or the health of the segmented database that supports the file.

If your files are on a network drive, try copying them down locally and opening the files from there. Due to the nature of the segmented database Inventor uses, any data loss during a save or edit that can occur over a network can cause file corruption.

Also you have the option to open the file from the Old Versions folder and to restore it to a current version.  After restoring the file to current version, you will have the option for saving the activated file. If this still does not work, the file is probably completely corrupted.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 3
cleggett
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

@Daniela_Koloszko I tried to mark your reply as a solution, but am not seeing where I have the option to do so. Anyways, I am using Inv/Vault 2021, and I was having this error message anytime I tried to open an assembly file. It also happened to be a file created in 2011. I was pulling it from our archived vault files. Your suggestion to restore an old version of the file fixed the issue. It seems that it just some corruption within that version of the file. 

Just wanted to respond to let others and you know that it did resolve the issue to restore an old version. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report