Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 and adaptivity problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
262 Views, 4 Replies

2008 and adaptivity problem

I'm doing tutorial Adaptivity 102 by sDotson and can't get the Spacer OD to grow to match the OD of the Pipe Flange.
It's a simple exercise in basic adaptivity but for the life of me I can't get it to work.

Iv'e tried it several times and only get the spacer to center itself in the pipe flange but not grow to match the OD.

If anyone has an idea what I might be doing wrong, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks
Bob
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
R.Corriveau
in reply to: Anonymous

I haven't looked at the tutorial but here are some things you need to make sure of.

1.) Is the part marked adaptive in the assembly?
2.) Is the feature marked adaptive in the part?
3.) When selecting mate of the OD and ID make sure you are selecting the surface and not the center axis. If you hover your curser on the OD you will be able to toggle between the surface and the axis.
Message 3 of 5
JDMather

If you can't get it figured out zip everything up that you have so far and post it here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for your respone.

It was the center axis.

I didn't hover and was getting the axis each time..

I know his directions said that the axis would show up 1st and you need to hover.

But I saw the surface highlight and I figured it was okay.

Thanks
Bob
Message 5 of 5
LichaoYu

Bob,

If you still are having problem, would you please post your dataset here since we don't have access to the tutorial you mentioned.

Thanks,
Lichao Yu
Inventor Assembly Modeling

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report