Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some initial thoughts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CarlFrischmuth
468 Views, 4 Replies

some initial thoughts

heys!

there should be a snap or spinner increment that one could set so that the smallest number for input would be something like 0.25mm or something user set

having things dragable and then the units to 3 decimal places just produces junk faster rather than anything that's to a real or desirable size

also if i'm entering a fillet radius i should be able to use the wheel on the mouse to spin up some numbers perhaps?

cheers
Carl
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Carl,

Some of what you suggest is already there. See the attached picture. The slider on the ruler gadget can be dragged to set a specific snap value. Operations like drag respect this snap. The spinners in the ribbon currently do not. That is a good suggestion, however.

Thanks for the input!

Jeff Strater (Fusion developer)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Jeff!
i was wondering about that slider , but the increments along it didn't seem to make much sense at the time , although i will have more of a look at it soon!

yes the spinners in the ribbon (like when setting a fillet radius this way etc)

cheers!
Carl
Message 4 of 5

Ahh got it ! (hover over it and use the wheel on the mouse )

amazing what 8 hrs of sleep can do! 🙂

initially i just dragged the maker for it and the numbers were all weird increments , once i used the wheel to set it to 10 or 1 etc the increments on the slider made more sense...

cheers
Carl Edited by: CarlFrischmuth on Jun 27, 2009 12:07 PM
Message 5 of 5

Hi Carl,

Good observation. You are correct - sometimes the increments chosen are a bit weird. This is a helpful observation, and we will give us something to look into.

Thanks!

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report