Inventor Fusion

Contributor
CarlFrischmuth
Message 1 of 5 (213 Views)

some initial thoughts

213 Views, 4 Replies
06-26-2009 03:18 AM
heys!

there should be a snap or spinner increment that one could set so that the smallest number for input would be something like 0.25mm or something user set

having things dragable and then the units to 3 decimal places just produces junk faster rather than anything that's to a real or desirable size

also if i'm entering a fillet radius i should be able to use the wheel on the mouse to spin up some numbers perhaps?

cheers
Carl
Employee
Message 2 of 5 (213 Views)

Re: some initial thoughts

06-26-2009 06:16 AM in reply to: CarlFrischmuth
Hi Carl,

Some of what you suggest is already there. See the attached picture. The slider on the ruler gadget can be dragged to set a specific snap value. Operations like drag respect this snap. The spinners in the ribbon currently do not. That is a good suggestion, however.

Thanks for the input!

Jeff Strater (Fusion developer)
Contributor
CarlFrischmuth
Message 3 of 5 (213 Views)

06-26-2009 04:04 PM in reply to: CarlFrischmuth
Thanks Jeff!
i was wondering about that slider , but the increments along it didn't seem to make much sense at the time , although i will have more of a look at it soon!

yes the spinners in the ribbon (like when setting a fillet radius this way etc)

cheers!
Carl
Contributor
CarlFrischmuth
Message 4 of 5 (213 Views)

06-26-2009 05:04 PM in reply to: CarlFrischmuth
Ahh got it ! (hover over it and use the wheel on the mouse )

amazing what 8 hrs of sleep can do! :smileyhappy:

initially i just dragged the maker for it and the numbers were all weird increments , once i used the wheel to set it to 10 or 1 etc the increments on the slider made more sense...

cheers
Carl Edited by: CarlFrischmuth on Jun 27, 2009 12:07 PM
Employee
Message 5 of 5 (213 Views)

06-27-2009 11:43 AM in reply to: CarlFrischmuth
Hi Carl,

Good observation. You are correct - sometimes the increments chosen are a bit weird. This is a helpful observation, and we will give us something to look into.

Thanks!

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube