Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting 3D - 2D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
scott1888
604 Views, 3 Replies

converting 3D - 2D

Right looking for some assistance - being completely new to the whole autodesk programme and design etc wreckon i have done things back to front and created a 3D model for a uni project. I have now found out that i need to produce a 2D drawing of what i have already done.

Is there any way of doing this or am i better taking my head out my arse and doing it properly?

much thanks in advance!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Phil.E
in reply to: scott1888

Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD can make 2D drawings from 3D models. Your 3D model will be helpful for this. (You are doing things right- this being the documentation portion of your project.)

FYI: Sometimes, for very simple parts (flat contoured parts for laser production for instance), or for things that are very hard to do in 3D (like an entire golf course), going straight to 2D is the way to go. 

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
scott1888
in reply to: Phil.E

i have the file i want to make 3D saved as a .f3d file, but i am having problems converting them to 2D on autoCAD as it wont let me open them.

any tips?

Message 4 of 4
Phil.E
in reply to: scott1888

You need to export the file as .SAT or .STEP for AutoCAD.

Use the Import command in AutoCAD to bring in the data.

From there you need to create a layout and make views of your part(s).

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report