Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the future of Inventor Fusion?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
rfeldman
3868 Views, 9 Replies

What is the future of Inventor Fusion?

With the Autodesk Labs version of Inventor Fusion sunsetting on April 1, we are wondering what the future of Inventor Fusion is. We work with a large public transit agency and have recently turned their maintenance people on to Inventor Fusion for designing replacement parts. It would be a shame to loose that functionality.

Is Inventor Fusion going to be available with the 2014 AutoCAD and suite releases? If not, will Inventor Fusion 360 replicate its functionality?

Bob

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ecraft
in reply to: rfeldman

I too would like to know the plans for post April 1, 2013. I could see other Autodesk applications that could work nicely with something like Inventor Fusion as a companion, but my problem is we cannot use a cloud service with our intelectual property. So if the plan is to move to Inventor Fusion 360 only I will have to look for a non-Autodesk product to be used as a CAD manipulation and clean up tool for the engineering data I have to work with.

-Eric

Message 3 of 10
big_red_frog
in reply to: ecraft

+1 on this question.

I migrated to inventor fusion when 123D was dropped in its previous form.

I really get on with inventor fusion, I am hoping that the free version of inventor fusion doesnt stop working on Arpil the 1st!

I have been evangalising inventor fusion as a solid option for those getting into the home 3D printer domain.

Message 4 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: big_red_frog

inventor fusion is becoming Fusion 360 beta: http://labs.blogs.com/its_alive_in_the_lab/2013/03/inventor-fusion-technology-preview-graduates-to-a...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
schneik-adsk
in reply to: big_red_frog

As you learn fusion 360 you can get an update to Inventor fusion 3013 that will continue to work past April from here:

http://labs.autodesk.com/technologies/fusion

Kevin Schneider
Message 6 of 10
ecraft

Kevin, thank you for the information about the updated Inventor Fusion that will work now that we have past 4/1/2013. I hope the teams at Autodesk realize that by going to the cloud you are alienating those users that who may use the tool, but cannot store or transfer data to the cloud.

For example, I cannot transfer company proprietary data to the cloud to be converted by your servers, nor do I want to spend the upload time of transfering a few thousand files consisting of over 5GB of data. Again the Inventor Fusion technology looks very appealing, but for me only in the standalone form.

-Eric

Message 7 of 10
Hansaplastique
in reply to: ecraft

+1 on the cloud comment ...

I'd hate to be unable to work when my Internet connection is down (which happens too often in the area where I live), nor would I want to spend time uploading and downloading designs ...

I have no proprietary secrets here (I'm mainly using Fusion for 3D printing and love it!), but I most certainly understand that from a business perspective.

Cloud should be an option at best ... nothing should depend on it though.

Tags (3)
Message 8 of 10
Mihai.Tanase

At work i am using Autocad as main tool but even i my free time at home i am interested in 3d modeling, printing and rendering.
In the begining when i found out about 123D from Autodesk i was thrilled to try it and i must say that i was suprised in an very good way even from the beta stage. After a while of serching on the web i found out about Inventor Fusion and after just a few moments of using it I could say that i love it.

Having already an Acad background it was very easy to find my way thru the menu. Everything was fitting like a glove.
When Autodesk announced Invetor Fusion will migrate to Fusion 360 I tried to find any details about realese date, cost. But .......

What will happen with my beloved peace of software? Will it cease to exist?

I've stayed online since my old Inventor fusion stoped to function to see what will happen next and i can say that i was glad when i saw that I can get my hands on a fresh Inventor Fusion, the r1. So i can't stop to wonder is this the last will see from Inventor Fusion? When will this release expire?

Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 10
Vlaci69

I used the Fusion for 3D model simplification.

1. The "working in cloud" idea is maybe good in South Corea (more than 100 Mbit/sec bandwidth) and in some other countries, BUT most of the countries are sunny (without high speed cloud Smiley Happy) with rather low internet bandwidth. Try  to use the cloud on a business trip from a hotel with WIFI connection or throug mobil net at a nice water treatment plant between mountains! 
  2. Most of the companies are aware with their intellectual properties. For example I have no external cloud access from my company computer through company network.

It seems, I have to change my platform from Autodesk to another one (For example Siemens ST5 can do the same as the Fusion Smiley Embarassed)

Message 10 of 10
schneik-adsk
in reply to: Mihai.Tanase

Inventor Fusion 2013 R1. Is the last release of Inventor Fusion. It does not expire.

We hope that you will try Fusion 360. We will release pricing and packaging soon.

Kevin Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report