Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video wont display properly in Inventor Fusion with Mountain Lion

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
david.macd
773 Views, 4 Replies

Video wont display properly in Inventor Fusion with Mountain Lion

Inventor Fusion  does not display video correctly on my system. The screen fragments into multicoloured flashes when any kind of manipulation is tried. The program is sadly completely unusable. (Autodesk 123D Design also displays exactly the same symptoms.) 

No idea if it is relevant but Sketchup, Strata Design 3D CX 7, and Photoshop CS6 Extended's 3D tools all run fine.

MacPro 2xQuad Core. 16GB RAM
2 x Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB driving twin monitors one to each card.
OS X Mountain Lion updated to latest 10.8.2
Nvidia driver updated to latest 5.0.37

Any known issues here?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
schneik-adsk
in reply to: david.macd

Can you check in energy saver system prefrence , if Automatic graphics swithcing is on? If so try turning it off and restarting Fusion.

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 5
david.macd
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Hi Kevin

I am using a MacPro so this doesn't apply.

On my MacBookPro I alawys keep Automatic Graphics switched off and Inventor runs fine. But it is an entirely different video set up from the one on which I am having problems.

BTW I am in direct contact with Guillermo Melantoni, head of develoment for 123D, about exactly the same problem with 123D. I understand they use the same graphics engine. I have sent him a full dossier of screenshots with details.

Thanks for your response. I am impressed by the level of response I have had from Autodesk employees here and in the 12D forum.

All the best.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
schneik-adsk

Just folllwoing up to see if you have been able to get things working. If not please DM or email me.

Kevin Schneider
Message 5 of 5
david.macd

I will contact you directly and send you screen shots. This same problme is under review by the 123D team as it uses the same video engine and displays the same problems. I can send you the same detailed dossier I sent them. It's too big to post here.Todau is difficult - I will send you tomorrow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report