Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slightly confused over Mac versions of inventor fusion

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bisleybloke
932 Views, 4 Replies

Slightly confused over Mac versions of inventor fusion

Over the last couple of days I've spent time hunting up resources - tutorials and the like - and sometimes come across references to Inventor Fusion 2013. It implies that this version is available on the Apple App store. I have downloaded Fusion from the app store and it's definitely 2012. Could someone clarify please ? I suspect I may have misread something.

Kind Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
schneik-adsk
in reply to: bisleybloke

On windows the version is called Inventor Fusion 2013.

On Mac the version is still a technology preview. It is called Inventor Fusion Technology.

The Mac version was written from scratch so it is not as complete as the Windows versions. The tech PReview was intended to let people try Fusion as we work to get parity between the two platforms.  I hope that makes sense.

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 5
bisleybloke
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Thankyou.

Message 4 of 5
asteng88
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Are they continuing to develop this as this is sorely missing from the OSX platform?

Message 5 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: asteng88

Inventor Fusion for Mac has been replaced by Fusion 360. It's still free for students and enthusiasts, and much more powerful. I hope you like it!

http://fusion360.autodesk.com/about

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report