Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate? Orbit? during an assembly in fusion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MTU2013
3989 Views, 3 Replies

Rotate? Orbit? during an assembly in fusion

I just started using fusion 2013 and have a small 3 part assembly right now. I have 2 of the pieces mated already and they move freely being that there is a pin holding them together. Though my 3rd part is facing the wrong direction and I cannot seem to figure out how to turn it around. I know this cant be as hard as it seems to be. Im used to solid works where you can select individual parts and move them around during the assembly process, on this program when you go to move an object in a forward or back direction its fine but to change the direction the body is facing I cant figure out. When you go to orbit it selects all the parts in the drawing which doesnt help me. help please??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: MTU2013

@MTU2013 wrote:

I know this cant be as hard as it seems to be. Im used to solid works

Don't confuse Free Inventor Fusion with Autodesk Inventor.  Autodesk Inventor is the equivalent of SolidWorks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
schneik-adsk
in reply to: MTU2013

Try this. Select the move command and double click the part you want to move. Double clicking will select the entire part. You should be able to use the triad to change the orientation of the part as you need.

Hope this helps.

Kevin Schneider
Message 4 of 4
schneik-adsk
in reply to: JDMather

JD;

You are a huge asset to the community and I appreciate your efforts. For Fusion questions please try and help and not just tell folks they are using the wrong product. Thanks for all your help and understanding.

Kevin Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report