Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectangular pattern, followed by push-pull (newbie).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kennymillar
774 Views, 3 Replies

Rectangular pattern, followed by push-pull (newbie).

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to create a sketch of my roof structure, joists, rafters, wall plates etc.

I used the rectangular pattern feature to make 10 instances of the joists, and now I'd like to push/pull the length of just one of them, but when I select the face and push it, all 10 of the joists get adjusted. How can I break the relationship between all the objects now that I have created them?

Joists etc

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Phil.E
in reply to: kennymillar

Assuming you are still working in Inventor Fusion for Mac, right click on the pattern node in your browser and use Dissolve.

If you have moved to Fusion 360, there is a Fusion 360 forum here. In Fusion 360 you would convert the pattern to a DM feature, which means Base Feature in the current release.

In either case you are removing the pattern information and making the bodies independent.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
KennyMillar
in reply to: kennymillar

Thanks Phil, that worked!

Also I took your advice and moved to 360.

It's a bit sluggish, but it's worth it.

Message 4 of 4
Phil.E
in reply to: KennyMillar

Glad to hear it! 

You can use the Fusion 360 forum for any questions and feedback you might need.

As for the sluggishness, we are keenly aware of the experience and striving to improve it. There are product updates several times a year, it's only going to get better!

Take care,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report