Inventor Fusion

Mentor
AlexF1980
Message 1 of 5 (241 Views)

My observations so far...

241 Views, 4 Replies
06-26-2009 03:45 AM
Despite another thread that detailed a couple of issues/errors/observations/whateveryouwanttocallthem, I figured I'd create my own list for issues/observations as I find them: -

1. There is no way of changing (reversing) the default mousewheel action (roll to zoom in or out)
  2. There's no way of moving/rotating/offsetting sketches - will these be added later?
  3. I had this installed on my home system, and have two monitors there - with the program maximized on the right hand screen, the program seemed to stop functioning when using the view cube to rotate the view. (I will check this again later as I only noticed it at around 10pm yesterday, so I could have been tired I suppose)
  4. The modelling features seem to be lacking when compared to IV 2009/2010 - is this deliberate? (I assume so?)
  5. Umm, that's all I can remember from my fiddlings last night.
I'll try and add/update the above list when I get time, but, on the whole, it is a good looking application which I'm sure will mature with input from labs' users. Good job!

Oh, before I forget, I'm running it on Vista Home Premium 32BIT with 4Gb Memory, and a Q6600 cpu - gfx are a Radeon 4850.
*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 2 of 5 (241 Views)

Re: My observations so far...

06-26-2009 05:21 AM in reply to: AlexF1980
Seems there is a HUGE list of limitations in Fusion Tech Preview. So don't expect to find a lot of the same functionality as you do in Inventor today. This is walk before you run.
This TP is like showing/starting with MS paint and your end product will be photoshop.
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

Mentor
AlexF1980
Message 3 of 5 (241 Views)

06-26-2009 08:40 AM in reply to: AlexF1980
Ok, I'll bear that in mind.
Contributor
Mattaxe
Message 4 of 5 (241 Views)

07-24-2009 02:00 AM in reply to: AlexF1980
"The modelling features seem to be lacking when compared to IV 2009/2010 - is this deliberate? (I assume so?)"

agree with above and also solid edge ST for that matter.
Employee
jeff.strater
Message 5 of 5 (241 Views)

07-24-2009 07:50 AM in reply to: AlexF1980
Thanks for your thoughtful feedback, in this and other discussion threads. You are correct - Fusion is not (yet) as capable of a modeler as Inventor is. As a Technology Preview, the goal was to explore some different modeling workflows ( a blend of direct modeling and parametric modeling), and explore some user-interface ideas. So, to answer your question: yes it was intentional to release Fusion with less modeling functionality than Inventor has, in order to get feedback on these ideas. We hope to expand the modeling operations in future releases.

Jeff Strater (Fusion development team)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube