Inventor Fusion

TrackOgre
Message 1 of 4 (470 Views)

Mechanical Desktop 2005 to Inventor Fusion 2012

470 Views, 3 Replies
10-26-2011 08:52 AM

So they've updated things at work finally and now I need to figure out how to import my MDT files into Inventor Fusion 2012.  What direction or clues can you provide help with.  This seems like a big jump in software to me.  Thanks!

Product Support
bobvdd
Message 2 of 4 (455 Views)

Re: Mechanical Desktop 2005 to Inventor Fusion 2012

10-27-2011 09:20 AM in reply to: TrackOgre

You can't get MDT files directly into Fusion. You will have to make a detour via Inventor.

Assuming that you installed Fusion as part of the Autodesk® Product Design Suite 2012, I think the only thing you need to do is download the MDT version that is compatible with Inventor 2012 release from www.autodesk.com/mdt

Import your MDT dwg into Inventor first. Then open the resulting IAM files in Fusion.

Good luck.

Bob

Board Manager
schneik
Message 3 of 4 (430 Views)

11-01-2011 08:49 AM in reply to: TrackOgre

Is there a reason why you want to go to Invento Fusion and not Inventor?

-Kevin Schneider

Kevin Schneider

15" Macbook Pro Retina - OSX 10.9 in Portland, Oregon

TrackOgre
Message 4 of 4 (423 Views)

11-01-2011 10:43 AM in reply to: schneik

Fusion is what they installed on my machine along with some Autocad stuff.  I wasn't involved in their selection process and frankly am not up to date on the features of the current offerings.  I will need to find out exactly what package they purchased and determine if I can just have Inventor which sounds like what I should want.  Stay tuned.

Chuck Bunnell

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube