Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making assembled pieces move together

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
digital_dreamer
2222 Views, 3 Replies

Making assembled pieces move together

Would someone be able to summarize briefly how bodies/components are ordered in Fusion so that they move/animate as expected?

I've put together a two-solenoid motor that animates as expected with one solenoid. However when assembling the opposing solenoid, I've not been successful. As soon as I get the connecting rod attached to the crank, it breaks with "Selected joint type will result in conflict", "Angle conflict due to joint type", and "Distance conflict due to joint type", although it's basically the same as the other side.

Now, I just decided to see if the opposing solenoid can function on its own, with the other solenoid disconnected and it fails. Both plunger and hub/crank can move independently, but, when connected, fails. I'd like to understand what's going on.

The opposing solenoid is made up of mirrored non-moving parts and copied/pasted moving parts (plunger, connecting rods and linkage). Something is wrong with my understanding of body/component placement in the browser and the way I've set it up. Or, perhaps, Fusion, at this stage, just can't comprehend movement of opposing/mirrored parts.

Any ideas?

Solenoid motor file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Success!

I've finally completed this little project.

The secret to getting interdependent moving parts working is to ensure all parts are properly aligned prior to assembly. You can't expect Fusion to resolve all joint issues at once. This can be rather tricky and may take a number of different paths. I had to slide the solenoid cylinder out away from the plunger first, so Fusion could resolve those joint conflicts first. Let Fusion align the parts, then move cylinder back into position.

I think having more than one part out of alignment at once can throw Fusion into conFusion. Smiley Wink

MAJ

Message 3 of 4
xtofury
in reply to: digital_dreamer

Which t-slot system is that you are using?   (the aluminum bars with the slots in them).... that one looks different than the ones I have been looking at.

Message 4 of 4
digital_dreamer
in reply to: xtofury

They are just the 25 series (Metric) of the 80/20 t-slots.

CAD models are available, too.

best of wishes,

MAJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report