Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Inventor Fusion 2014

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jshradin
2854 Views, 3 Replies

Issue with Inventor Fusion 2014

I have used various CAD programs over the years, but have never had a problem as annoying and persistent as this one. Let me first begin by saying that my current setup is a maxed out 2012 27" iMac, everything was working perfectly fine until I updated to Mavericks (OS X 10.9). I doubt that the update could have caused the error, but it does seem that it may have broken some sort of directory for the textures. All of my designs (designed previously, or from scratch) will open only in a weird mode that seems to leave out the actual color of whatever the surface is supposed to be and only shows shadows/outlines. I have played around with all of the settings numerous times, googled to the 5th page, tried changing all of the item properties (material and visual appearance), tried my luck with text commands, manually deleted the Inventor fusion folder in /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Autodesk, and the most frustrating of all, I used AppZapper to completely remove the application and the preferences files, then proceeded to re-install directly from the app store, the problem persisted throughout. I am dumbfounded at this error, and know that it must be some incredibly obvious setting or option that I am missing, even though that all of them have been reset numerous times. I have used this software for several years and have never had any problems like this at all, any help would be greatly appreciated, and please let me know if there is any additional information needed. At this point in time I am 95% sure that it was caused by the update and am currently using the UNIX version of inventor in VirtualBox to hold me over until this can be resolved. Until the reinstall, Inventor would crash every minute or so while I was still trying to figure out the invisible objects thing, that problem was fixed by the reinstall, but I am still mystified as far as the invisibility of the objects goes. If all else fails, I will most likely just do a wipe of my computer, reinstall OS X and try again, seems a little over the top, but it is all I have yet to try, I am really hoping that it is just a stupidly obvious setting or just a glitch with Mavericks.

Screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qm2e2bsg07vp4u/Screenshot%202013-11-13%2021.54.04.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1q4ok4kn3bxgrr/Screenshot%202013-11-13%2021.53.58.png
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: jshradin

You have posted your question in the wrong forum.

Inventor Fusion and Autodesk Inventor are completely different applications.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Fusion/bd-p/370

Inventor Fusion was a "Technology Preview" which has since been discontinued.

I recommend that you investigate the use of the new product, Fusion 360, rather than experiment with a discontinued technology preview.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
jshradin
in reply to: JDMather

I was not aware that there was a separate forum for Fusion, I do not see an option to move the thread, so i will leave it up to the admins. As for the software being discontinued, I was unaware that it had been replaced, I will look into the replacement when I get the chance, but inwould still like to get Inventor working in the meantime.
Message 4 of 4
jshradin
in reply to: jshradin

So I finally installed Fusion and am loving it, I will just use it from now on. As for inventor, I see no point in further persuing the issue, but it should be noted in the description in the App Store that it doesn't work on OS X 10.9 (at least for me). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report