Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor fusion will not start in Inventor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
karthur1
1057 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor fusion will not start in Inventor

I have downloaded and installed the Fusion Preview 4. When I am in Inventor 2011 and I open an imported part, I right click on the "Base" item in the browser and choose "Edit Solid". I get a message about Inventor Fusion being available for download at the labs site.

I can go to Start>Programs and start Inventor Fusion from there.

Fusion is not listed under the Environment tab or under Add-ins.  There is a Inventor Fusion Change Manager there.

What am I missing to launch it from Inventor?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
patrick.miller
in reply to: karthur1

One more thing to check: Tools > Application Options > Parts tab. At the bottom of the dialog, there is an "Edit Base Solids using" option. Is the Fusion option available and selected?

Do you also have Inventor 2012 installed? I'm wondering if that was the registered version when Fusion TP4 was installed and something got missed on the install then. If so, run Inv 2011 and close it. Then reinstall Fusion TP4.

I guess that's two things to check.

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 3 of 3
karthur1
in reply to: karthur1

I'm using 2011 and that was not checked in the application options.  It opens now with that checked.  I looked in there before I posted here, but did not see this option.

Thanks...

Kudos on making the orbit and orbit center work exactly like Inventor and not like the Autodesk Design Review. The way that it works in ADR is so cumbersome.  Now if we could reverse the zoom direction so its like Inventor..... just kidding, I seen where someone else had already mentioned that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report