Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Fusion not opening . HELP !

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eduardito28
695 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Fusion not opening . HELP !

Hello everyone , this is my first post on these forums . I'm a student and I downloaded the "student" version of inventor , I was able to install everything well and serial code and all that was good . But now I try to open Inventor Fusion and it shows what is on the first picture , once I click ok it shows what is on the second picture . Can anyone please help ? I  really need inventor to finish some school work , this has been driving me crazy . Thanks in advance ;).

inv.jpg

inb.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
schneik-adsk
in reply to: eduardito28

Inventor Fusion that is part of the Product Design Suite needs another Autodesk product to be installed. Any other design product like AutoCAD or Inventor or Inventor Pro will work.

You say you need Inventor to finish a project. Do you need INVENTOR or INVENTOR FUSION?

If al you want is Inventor Fusion you can download a free version from Labs.autodesk.com. The difference being this one runs for one year but DOES NOT require another Autodesk application to be installed.

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 4
eduardito28
in reply to: schneik-adsk

@schneik-adsk wrote:

Inventor Fusion that is part of the Product Design Suite needs another Autodesk product to be installed. Any other design product like AutoCAD or Inventor or Inventor Pro will work.

You say you need Inventor to finish a project. Do you need INVENTOR or INVENTOR FUSION?

If al you want is Inventor Fusion you can download a free version from Labs.autodesk.com. The difference being this one runs for one year but DOES NOT require another Autodesk application to be installed.

Well ,I thought they were both the same , but not in everything . Last year I was able to get the 2011 version completley free for three years as a student . I had to reset the computer to factory settings and I lost everything and now that I needed Inventor I chose the "2012" version and it gave me inevntor fusion .

UPDATE : I'm downloading  Inventor  2011 , why when I chose "2012" version it gave me fusion and not Inventor Professional ? because Fusion is just an add-on to the 2011 version of Inventor ?

Message 4 of 4
schneik-adsk
in reply to: eduardito28

I have double checked that this issue is fixed. When I go to the student portal and select software download for Inventor 2012 I now get the following correct download:

ssp_temp_capture.png

Kevin Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report