Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Fusion, Import 2D file?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
RalphTrimble
2608 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Fusion, Import 2D file?

Hello,

I have a 2D logo that I would like to import to Inventor Fusion as a sketch that I can use to Push/Extrude a 3D model, I've tried everything I can think of and searching the web but so far no luck.

I can save this file in any number of popular 2D vector file formats (or bitmap image) including AutoCad dwg and dfx. The problem is Inventor Fusion doesn't import the 2D sketch part of the Autocad file so the import is blank. If I open the dwg file with "DWG TrueView" my 2D image is there on the "Layout1" layer, is there any way I modify this layer to make it import(able)? (without having the full Autocad program)

I am wondering if there is any combo of file type and options that will allow me to import a 2D image into Inventor Fusion and accomplish my goal here???

Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Phil.E
in reply to: RalphTrimble

Hi,

Sounds like a fun project! I think I can help.

The canvas command will place an image into your Inventor Fusion model. After that, just draw around it with sketch commands. You can extrude the resulting shape and add materials or colors. 

Make_a_logo.png 

Another thing to consider is using Fusion 360. It's free for enthusiasts and can import SVG files directly into a sketch profile. This is a great workflow for importing 2D images into a 3D model.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report