Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 won't start

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rickcarufel
3015 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2012 won't start

Inventor 2012 won't start after installation.  A message pops up and says it requires a companion product but fails to say what that product is.  I'm running a quad core amd with 6 gigs of ram on Vista 64.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

It is right behavior for Fusion 2012. The OS which installed Fusion 2012 should have the companion products, thus Fusion can launch successfully. The compnaion products includes Inventor,AutoCAD,AutoCAD Mechanical.Alias (Design/Automotive),Sketchbook Designer,Autodesk Moldflow,Autodesk Simulation, Autodesk CFDesign,AutoCAD MEP and AutoCAD Architecture.

You can have a try, install anyone of the above products, then can use Fusion 2012.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Wendy

Wendy Chen
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Wendy,  I installed Autocad Mechanical and now it works fine.

Message 4 of 6
brandonstab
in reply to: rickcarufel

what do you do when the program will not start and there is no error at all it just wont start, all of the tech specs are fine the program will just not start.

Message 5 of 6

Hello,

Many thanks for bringing out the issue. Thinking about your problem, could you please give more information about that?

1) Is it the first time launch for Fusion? or you have used some times, but abruptly can't start Fusion that day?

2) Have you tried to uninstall -->reinstall Fusion to fix the issue?

3) Could you tell us what environment about your pc? such as OS, what products you have installed, and so on.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Wendy Chen
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 6

My Inventor Fusion 2012 is also not opening saying it needs a companion program. I have autocad 2010, but fusion still refuses to open giving me the same message about needing a companion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report