Inventor Fusion

Message 1 of 2 (261 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to make a body change as its sketch changes

261 Views, 1 Replies
01-11-2013 07:58 PM
Autodesk 360 Inventor fusion is an awesome 3D soft in Mac. 

I always wanted to wait for a SW Mac version but now I found a better one. 

In SW, if a solid is made from a sketch and if the sketch changes the solid will change automatically. 

I guess Inventor fusion show also has this function but i didn't find out. 

So please tell me if you know this. Thank you!
Board Manager
Phil.E
Message 2 of 2 (244 Views)

Re: How to make a body change as its sketch changes

01-16-2013 10:48 AM in reply to: abelard.xu

The other CAD product you mentioned is a parametric history based program. Autodesk Inventor is also parametric. (Fusion is not.)

Parametric means that when you make changes to sketches, the features will follow these changes as the part is re-built after any edit. The weakness to this style of modeling is that it is easy create dependencies between features that can make editing difficult. A small change in one feature can effect many features that come after.

Fusion carries no history between sketches and features. The sketch is preserved so that you may edit it and re-model the 3D features. Another approach available in Fusion is to directly edit your sketched feature without having to edit the sketch. Commands like Tweak Face and Push-Pull can help.

Phil Eichmiller
Software QA Engineer
Fusion Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube