Inventor Fusion

Seufee
Message 1 of 2 (307 Views)

How do I save a .DWG in Inventor as a component?

307 Views, 1 Replies
05-13-2013 03:04 PM

I have just started teaching myself AutoCAD 3D modelling the last few days. I have experience with 2D drafting at work, and would like to start learning 3D for fun and to start making 3D models at my company. I am having trouble with assembling. I have created two objects in AutoCAD 2012, these objects are a mounting bracket and a bolt. I would like to assemble them in fusion but I can't find much on how to do this. I tried "insert component" but when i try inserting my bolt which I made in AutoCAD, it will not show up anywhere in my folder. I then tried opening the bolt in fusion and doing a "Save As" but I can not change the file type to .ipt which is what I believe I need. Anyone have suggestions?

Board Manager
Phil.E
Message 2 of 2 (278 Views)

Re: How do I save a .DWG in Inventor as a component?

05-21-2013 03:51 PM in reply to: Seufee

Inventor and Inventor Fusion are two different products. Inventor uses .ipt files natively, and can import .dwg. Inventor Fusion can open either.

Are you trying to import .dwg files into Inventor or Inventor Fusion?

Phil Eichmiller
Software QA Engineer
Fusion Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube