Inventor Fusion

Contributor
frankwu
Message 1 of 2 (1,010 Views)

Hey Look What I Made in Inventor Fusion

1010 Views, 1 Replies
05-10-2012 06:53 AM

Is this place just for tech problems or also a gallery?  If there's a separate gallery somewhere, I apologize.  

But... here's my spaceship I made for a book cover I am illustrating.

I made the lines by making a lot of very long skinny RECTANGLES, and then EXTRUDING (under SOLID, set to CUT) through the ship.  This let me cut it into approx. 3300 bodies, so I could individually MOVE, CHAMFER or FILLET them - to create angles that will catch the artificial lighting.)  

To create the main guns, I built cylinders by extruding concentric circles.  And then, selecting each individual cylinder, I EXTRUDED (again, under SOLID, set to CUT) rings from another set of concentric circles.  Elsewhere, I created more rectangles, rotated them with MOVE, and then extruded them through other cylinders.

The final product will probably be just a screen cap from Inventor Fusion that I will work up in Photoshop to create the final book cover.  We tried importing it into Maya to see how many polygons it is, but it took overnight to export.  It's probably, like, I dunno, ten billion polygons.

Board Manager
schneik
Message 2 of 2 (893 Views)

Re: Hey Look What I Made in Inventor Fusion

05-20-2012 04:21 PM in reply to: frankwu

Nice! post a picture to our facbook page too.

Kevin Schneider

15" Macbook Pro Retina - OSX 10.9 in Portland, Oregon

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube