Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Subsystem Error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ScissorCrow
1312 Views, 1 Reply

Graphics Subsystem Error

Hi, I am  a non user trying to solve this issue for my brother. He uses Autodesk Inventor Fusion 2013 on a shared computer and I recently deleted some files and now when it loads it displays:

"Runtime Error! Please repair or reinstall the program.
    We’re sorry, there was an error while initializing the graphics subsystem.  This is likely due to one or more of the following:  your graphics driver is not configured for "True Color", there was a problem installing the application, the application installation was damaged, or some other problem with the graphics hardware and drivers or the configuration of the application.  More detailed information may be included below." 

I have read other threads with the same error, but as they were new installs and this was working previously I started a new thread.

I am pretty sure I didn't delete any CAD files, Design Review and AutoCAD 2013 still load properly.

What could I have deleted/uninstalled?

We use a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 on Windows XP

Don't have Windows 7 or Aero so can't disable it.

Display Settings doesn't have a True Color option, only Medium(16bit) and Highest(32bit)

If he does have to re-install the program we can just make copies of the drawing files somewhere and open them after re-installation, right?

Thanks for reading.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Phil.E
in reply to: ScissorCrow

Going through control panel/uninstall, look for a repair option. Barring that, I would try to re-install Fusion. The data files (.dwg) that you have are portable, and I assume you keep them stored separately from the program files so they won't be accidentally deleted. If it worked before, then it's likely it will work again after repair or re-install.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report