Inventor Fusion

beekley
Message 1 of 3 (154 Views)

Fusion Puzzler... Deleting a feature in the history?

154 Views, 2 Replies
08-09-2009 01:31 PM
A blend of direct modeling and history based modeling sounds promising. So let’s try something. I’ve attached a simple model to illustrate.
1) Extrude a rectangle with a tapered angle.
2) Put a fillet on one of the angled edges
3) Fillet the edges around the top face of the part.

Now let’s try some fusion. I can do some direct editing, pulling faces, and changing fillet radii. Cool.

Let’s try some history based modeling. Oops, I didn’t want the fillet on the one angled edge. (It’s fillet 2 in the example file) Let’s delete it in the history tree as IV would. Oh, oh. Can’t delete it. Can’t bring it to a radius of 0 either. Of course with a simple model I could start deleting features backwards, but on a more complicated model the fillet might be many features back.

Ideas?

Thanks!
Employee
jeff.strater
Message 2 of 3 (154 Views)

Re: Fusion Puzzler... Deleting a feature in the history?

08-09-2009 03:57 PM in reply to: beekley
Hi,

Glad to hear that you're trying cases like this in Fusion.

This is really an issue with the Fusion browser, specifically for Fillet2. There are really 2 faces that should be part of Fillet2. If you select both, you can delete them from the model. See attached picture.

Thanks,

Jeff Strater (Fusion development team)
Contributor
Mattaxe
Message 3 of 3 (154 Views)

Re: Fusion Puzzler... Deleting a feature in the history?

08-10-2009 06:10 PM in reply to: beekley
Yes Jeff, this works to remove fillet 2

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube