Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion - Open Fusion DWG - Change Manager

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mies07
1873 Views, 1 Reply

Fusion - Open Fusion DWG - Change Manager

After quite a bit of frustration, I have noticed these behaviors for my installation:

(Inventor Product Design Premium 2012, Win7 Pro 64 bit)

1. When opening a Fusion DWG file in Inventor, there must be a file open in Inventor in the background for the Application Icon flyout  "Open Fusion DWG" option to appear - see attached showing same flyout with and without open background file. (Fusion Option.jpg, No Fusion Option.jpg respectively)

2. Whether there is a background file open or not, I cannot get Change Manager to launch using the standard Open... Autodesk Fusion File (DWG) dialogue option. I get message similar to "Can''t find solid body" or it opens with Fusion created edits but no Change Manager. (see Fusion Open.jpg). Change Manager will only launch when I use the Application Icon flyout "Open Fusion DWG" option. 

The Inventor Fusion Change Manager and Fusion Freeform Edit Launcher add ins are loaded and set to Automatic in the Add In Manager.

Has anyone else noticed these behaviors?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
schneik-adsk
in reply to: mies07

Can you post a Fusion DWG file that you are trying to open in Inventor. Also is this DWG file created by opening an Inventor File or from scratch?

Kevin Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report