Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion: AutoCAD 3D & Inventor-All the best & none of the bad.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Lab_Rat
554 Views, 1 Reply

Fusion: AutoCAD 3D & Inventor-All the best & none of the bad.

In my opinion Fusion would be the perfect modeling software if it took the best aspects of AutoCAD 3D and Inventor and combined them into one.  The programmers have achieved some of this but it is far from ready for a production environment. 

I will try to be more specific.  The modeling environment is superior in Inventor and the assembly environment is a constant pain.  This is due to the constraints.  If anything is changed and Inventor doesn't like it you'll need some time to sit and figure out what is wrong.  This is taking valuable time away from design.  AutoCAD 3D allows me to easily throw a bunch of parts together and modify them to fit without all the added – sometimes useful – constraints. 

I have not completely developed this thought but I know that something needs to be changed.  While playing in Fusion I noticed several tools that I wish both Inventor and AutoCAD 3D had, and still found things that I wish Fusion had. 

I would be more than willing to show the developers at Autodesk what it is I am talking about. 

I just want to see if there is anyone else that feels the same out there…

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: Lab_Rat

Why not assemble in Inventor just like you do in AutoCAD (even though that hobbles Inventor)?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

http://beta.autodesk.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report