Inventor Fusion

Distinguished Contributor
mies07
Message 1 of 4 (485 Views)
Accepted Solution

Fusion 2012 / Cange Manager Add-In missing

485 Views, 3 Replies
12-18-2011 02:17 PM

Running Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2012 / Win7 64 bit.

Fusion is intalled as part of orignal install. Have created part in Inventor, modified it in Fusion, saved it as dwg file (I can't see a way to save it as anything else - so am assuming it is being saved as Fusion dwg file), want to bring it back into Inventor. Do not see an "Open Fusion DWG"  option under file..open as shown under "Overview of Change Manager" in Wiki help

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Fusion/enu/2012/Help/0164-Interope164/0165-Import_I165/0166-Ch...

Change Manager is not listed in Add-Ins. Tried repair of Fusion from Control Panel. Have installed Drawing Tools add-in from SDK location (have revcloud, etc). Have installed Fusion SP3. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Board Manager
schneik
Message 2 of 4 (482 Views)

Re: Fusion 2012 / Cange Manager Add-In missing

12-18-2011 03:17 PM in reply to: mies07

Make sure that the file is not open in Fusion  when opeining in Inventor.

-Kevin Schneider

Kevin Schneider

15" Macbook Pro Retina - OSX 10.9 in Portland, Oregon

Distinguished Contributor
mies07
Message 3 of 4 (480 Views)

12-18-2011 03:26 PM in reply to: schneik

Thank you.

1. Should the "About Autodesk Fusion"  window (attached) report SP3?

2.I have completely reinstalled Fusion from the flash drive, installed Fusion SP3 (which, by the way, never gives me a "completed intstallation" message).

3. The wiki help keeps referring to the Fusion Change Manager as an add-in. Is there a way I can navigate to and manually install the add-in myself? Shouldn't this be reported as an installed add in with it's own loading behavior in the Inventor Add In Manager Applications tab?

4. No other files are open anywhere. Complete cold re-boot, open Inventor, File..Open... no Fusdion DWG option.

5. Have also made sure "Edit Base Solids using: InventorFusion" option is checked in Application Options Part tab.

Thank you.

Employee
Wendy.Chen_Autodesk
Message 4 of 4 (451 Views)

12-18-2011 09:16 PM in reply to: mies07

Hello, mies07

Many thanks for reporting the issue. For the integration workflow of Fusion and Inventor, firstly we need install Inventor Fusion add-in for Inventor. It should be checked in Inventor Configuration page.  It is just like the picture I attached.

From what you said, I think you didn’t install the Inventor Fusion add-in for Inventor, so can’t see Change manager add-in and can’t find “Open Fusion DWG” in Inventor.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Wendy

Wendy Chen
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube