Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 2012 / Cange Manager Add-In missing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mies07
903 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion 2012 / Cange Manager Add-In missing

Running Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2012 / Win7 64 bit.

Fusion is intalled as part of orignal install. Have created part in Inventor, modified it in Fusion, saved it as dwg file (I can't see a way to save it as anything else - so am assuming it is being saved as Fusion dwg file), want to bring it back into Inventor. Do not see an "Open Fusion DWG"  option under file..open as shown under "Overview of Change Manager" in Wiki help

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Fusion/enu/2012/Help/0164-Interope164/0165-Import_I165/0166-Ch...

Change Manager is not listed in Add-Ins. Tried repair of Fusion from Control Panel. Have installed Drawing Tools add-in from SDK location (have revcloud, etc). Have installed Fusion SP3. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
schneik-adsk
in reply to: mies07

Make sure that the file is not open in Fusion  when opeining in Inventor.

-Kevin Schneider

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 4
mies07
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Thank you.

1. Should the "About Autodesk Fusion"  window (attached) report SP3?

2.I have completely reinstalled Fusion from the flash drive, installed Fusion SP3 (which, by the way, never gives me a "completed intstallation" message).

3. The wiki help keeps referring to the Fusion Change Manager as an add-in. Is there a way I can navigate to and manually install the add-in myself? Shouldn't this be reported as an installed add in with it's own loading behavior in the Inventor Add In Manager Applications tab?

4. No other files are open anywhere. Complete cold re-boot, open Inventor, File..Open... no Fusdion DWG option.

5. Have also made sure "Edit Base Solids using: InventorFusion" option is checked in Application Options Part tab.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 4

Hello, mies07

Many thanks for reporting the issue. For the integration workflow of Fusion and Inventor, firstly we need install Inventor Fusion add-in for Inventor. It should be checked in Inventor Configuration page.  It is just like the picture I attached.

From what you said, I think you didn’t install the Inventor Fusion add-in for Inventor, so can’t see Change manager add-in and can’t find “Open Fusion DWG” in Inventor.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Wendy

Wendy Chen
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report