Inventor Fusion

MBixler
Message 1 of 2 (341 Views)

Extrude/Re​volve on a given angle around a cylindrica​l body

341 Views, 1 Replies
12-20-2012 10:07 AM

I am really struggling in trying to revolve around cylidrical body on a specified angle. I understand the degrees of rotation angle, but i am looking to revolve or extrude a certain shape for the length of the shaft.  Like trying to make a coil or a set of threads.

Can anyone help? I have tried to use sweep but sweep doesnt work with two sweep lines.

Employee
Cathy.Wang_Autodesk
Message 2 of 2 (323 Views)

Re: Extrude/Re​volve on a given angle around a cylindrica​l body

12-26-2012 10:48 PM in reply to: MBixler

Thanks MBixler.

It's a good question. Now, it cannot create a coil/Thread as you expect, as there is no the function and no 3D sketch for it. We will think of your request in Future. Please continue to pay attention to our product.

Thanks

Cathy

Cathy Wang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube