Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Catia to DWG file, Opening files with PMI,etc

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dpeterle
3752 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting Catia to DWG file, Opening files with PMI,etc

Couple of things:

I am looking for a software that will view several different file formats such as UG, CATIA, Solidworks,etc and so I am trying out Inventor Fusion.

1.Is there a way to view PMI (dimensions, GD&T, and Notes) from Catia? For some reason it is not pulling this in...Any tips?

2. When exporting views into DWG format will it contain this PMI?

3. When exporting views from Fusion into a DWG format how do you get a view that shows just wireframe or just edges into the DWG file? Is there a way to adjust this rendoring?

In addition this DWG export does not open in AutoCAD LT

See attached file.

What we are looking for is to export views into a DWG format from 3D and then modify in Autocad for manufacturing planning and standard work...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
schneik-adsk
in reply to: dpeterle

Inventor Fusion doe not read PMI data today.

When you export to DWG we are creating solids in 3D space so the view type that you are looking for is a view style setting in AutoCAD. I have no idea if Drafsight will allow you to do this as it is an AutoCAD knockoff.

If you try out AutoCAD 2012 there are purpose built tools to create hidden line remove drawings of 3D models. AutoCAD even includes a Catia translator to read in 3D models and produce drawing views that might do most of what you want, with the exception of the PMI of course.

Please send me a direct message with your contact information, I'd like to understand more what you are trying to do and see if there are ways we can help.

Kevin Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report