Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating 3D script in Inventor Fusion

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pricebill
603 Views, 1 Reply

Duplicating 3D script in Inventor Fusion

Hello.  As a project for my new 3d printer I thought that I would scan the emblem on the back of my car, switch a few of the letters around and reprint the emblem to spell something new.  I Live Traced the image in Illustrator CS6, exported it as a DWG and brought it into Autocad 2013.  Contrary to the article here I haven't been able to copy and paste the shape from Autocad into Inverntory Fusion UNLESS I extrude the shape.  Not a tragedy but now I'm attempting to fillet the edges like the original emblem and Fusion says that the entire outline is too complicated to filet.  Is there another way to achieve nice uniformly rounded edges?  The Autocad DWG (which can be opened in Inventor Fusion) and a picture of the original emblem (so you can see the original filleting) are attached below  TIA for any advice you can give.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SallyYang
in reply to: pricebill

The DWG file you attached couldn' t be opened by Inventor Fusion and AutoCAD, please double check it and upload again.

Thank you!

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report