Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty using internal volume for CFD

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
alestk
1191 Views, 1 Reply

Difficulty using internal volume for CFD

Hi, 

I was wondering if someone could take a look at the model attached. I'm having issues creating the internal fluid volume required for Autodesk CFD using the tool in Inventor Fusion and Sim CFD 360. It just can't seem to recognize the internal void no matter how I assemble/constrain it.

I've been googling around and can't seem to find any solutions, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
apolo_vanderberg
in reply to: alestk

The issue you are having is due to not having sealed geometry.

When you try to use the tool within Fusion or Geometry Tools within SimCFD this will help to crate planar surfaces taht will close off openings. These openings must be planar openings (such as your inlet and outlets)

However for us to generate the entire fluid domain we will need that the domain be completely sealed otherwise.

In the model you have attached yourtubes are not properly centered on the side tanks such that you have interferences as well as a small gap.

Fix these leakage paths and you should be able to get a proper void fill

Void Fills require that the cavity be air/water tight any small slip fit clearance/leakage path will prevent the void fill from creating the internal domain.

Attached is an image of the gaps between the tubes and the side tanks

Gaps.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report