Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing Tutorial

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Stevekir
773 Views, 6 Replies

Confusing Tutorial

I have bee struggling with wikihelp:

Inventor_Fusion/enu/2013/Help/0179-Tutorial179/0185-Introduc185/0188-Create_P188

I chose 2013 > Help > Tutorials > Introduction to Direct Modelling > Create Promitive Features.

Having created a new doc. as instructed, I was told:

"2 On the Home tab of the ribbon, click on the drop-down arrow under Box and select Cylinder." There is no Cylinder under "Box", just a box. Instead, I clicked on the next item, "Cylinder",  and chose Cylinder from its drop down menu and (at item 3)  managed to increase its diameter."

I have got to item 5 which is shown in the attachemnt to this post (below). It does not reflect what is on the window of the document and I have stopped in frustration. There is no yellow arrow or a red sphere.

The tutorial is under the heading "2013" and that is the version of Inventor Fusion that I am using. Has this software got bugs, is the tutorial wrong (in which case why is it offered?) Is there a set of correct tutorials available?

Any help appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Phil.E
in reply to: Stevekir

Hi,

To help me understand what you are seeing, can you post a screen capture of what you have after steps 1-4?

Thanks!

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
Stevekir
in reply to: Phil.E

Attached are two images. "Tutorial" is an annotated copy of the Inventor Fusion tutorial, and "Screen shots" shows the steps as shown in the document window. I am running Inventor Fusion version 1.2 on an iMac, mid-2011, OS 10.8.3 ("Mountain Lion")

Message 4 of 7
Stevekir

I have been looking at a video at:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Fusion/enu/2013/Videos/primitive_box

called "Primitive box". Its ribbon does not look like mine and it shows the yellow arrow and colourd sphere that I do not see. Please see the two screenshots below.

Have I got the correct software please?

Message 5 of 7
Phil.E

You are using Inventor Fusion for Mac.

The tutorials you are using are for Inventor Fusion 2013 which is a different program, that's why everything looks different and acts a little different.

The Help for Fusion for Mac is stored on your machine. Go to the menu bar, click Help, and then select Help from the dropdown menu.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
Stevekir
in reply to: Phil.E

Thanks. I think that the confusion is caused by so many Autodesk programs having almost the same names, and by users referring to them often by, for example, "Fusion".

One other question please: I cannot find a way to move a hole which is embedded in another piece. I can delete it and make an identical hole in the new place, and change its radius, but not move it. I have studied the long pdf but no sign of a way to move.  How can I do that please?

Thanks,
Message 7 of 7
Phil.E

Try using Modify > Tweak Faces, select the face or faces of the hole and enter a delta value.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report