Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circles aren't Circular

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
szaske
543 Views, 1 Reply

Circles aren't Circular

In Inventor Fusion when I build a circle sketch it comes out more like a 30 sided polygon...not actually circular.  Is there a way to tell Inventor Fusion to actually make a circle INSTEAD of this ugly octagon?  I'm not sure if it's some sort of performance feature or if my model is actually being built in this LO-FI mode or not.  But now the people I am sharing my models with are complaining that my circles are NOT circular.

I'm hoping someone can help me under how to render my circles as CIRCLES!  This is very frustrating because the documentation does not explain what this might be called.  If you look at their documentation for circles (http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Fusion/enu/2013/Help/0056-Modeling56/0059-Sketch_E59/0068-Sket...) you can see the circle is not actually circular.

I can't be the only one to have noticed this.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Phil.E
in reply to: szaske

You are correct, it is for speed of graphics. You can see the sketch circle as you describe it, and the region it describes (the yellow shaded thing that gets extruded) is actually perfectly circular.

I'm concerned that you are making non-circular solids. Can you attach one so we can look at it?

Thanks!

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report