Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD, Inventor, Inventor Fusion, or all?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
PauldeGroot
685 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD, Inventor, Inventor Fusion, or all?

I have been a novice AutoCAD user on subscription for many years. Inventor Fusion came with my annual renewal to AutoCAD 2012.  I wish to easily create 3D modeling of the homes I design.  Do I have the proper software?  I read that Inventor Fusion does not really work without having Inventor because they are meant to work together.  Do I need to purchase this?

Building a 3D in AutoCAD can be done but it is soooo cumbersome.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jblinc3
in reply to: PauldeGroot

my suggestion is try opening fusion on your computer, it does indeed work without owning inventor and can be accessed through autocad through plugins.  you could and should probably draw your floorplan in autocad, and then extrude in autocad to any random height.  select your model, open the fusion plugin and you can do all the tweaks you could want in fusion.  I work this way a lot and I am in love with fusion.

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: PauldeGroot

Check out Kevin Schneider's Fusion classes here http://au.autodesk.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
PauldeGroot
in reply to: jblinc3

Hi JD, Sorry I have not responded sooner (I am a Rip, as in Van W!; I am not yet sure how even posts work!).  Your comment  got me going on a new way of thinking; and the symbiosis. Switch between not only work spaces, but programs, each have their function. 

Currently me biggest hang up is to easily find points to snap to; I am working on it though.

Note: everyone at Autodesk told me it couldn't be done this way and buy; please note I am a big fan,  it's a great product.

Best and thanks again,

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report