Inventor Fusion

david.woychek
Message 1 of 3 (709 Views)
Accepted Solution

Are shop drawings and cut lists in Fusion?

709 Views, 2 Replies
01-07-2013 07:21 PM

Hi Everyone,

I've tried searching the forums and didn't see anything, hopefully I'm not repeating a previous question.

I've been using Inventor Fusion as a solid modeler to prototype wood shop projects. Everything from big book shelves and cabinets to small furniture pieces and trinkets. It's a beautiful modeling tool to show ideas to clients. I haven't been able to figure out how to translate those 3D models into 2D shop schematics or cut lists. Or even exploded diagrams.

Can anyone offer some thoughts out how to do that from Fusion?

Thanks.

Board Manager
schneik
Message 2 of 3 (692 Views)

Re: Are shop drawings and cut lists in Fusion?

01-11-2013 06:18 PM in reply to: david.woychek

We are working on shop drawings and hope to have a solution for you by mid-year. If you have a moment I am sure other would love to see the work you are doing. How about posting a picture?

Kevin Schneider

15" Macbook Pro Retina - OSX 10.9 in Portland, Oregon

Guanavia
Message 3 of 3 (683 Views)

Re: Are shop drawings and cut lists in Fusion?

01-12-2013 09:42 AM in reply to: schneik

Can't wait for a shop drawing feature, fusion is an easy to use and great modeler, but having it automatically take a project and split it up into a dimensioned shop drawing and cut list would be awesome!

I've attached an image export of the bookshelf. It's nothing really involved or intricate, I'm using fusion primarily for wood-shop prototypes, so there's not really a lot of mechanical interplay. It's just a nice, simple oak bookshelf I'm building for a client. I'd have attached a flyover, but I dont' think fusion exports those. So... here ya have it:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube