Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
hoser_71
722 Views, 5 Replies

2D Move

I may be missing something, but I'm looking for a 2D move command in Fusion.  I see the Move command but it wants to move everything in the sketch, not just a single closed profile. 

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
patrick.miller
in reply to: hoser_71

To move geometry in the sketch, window select or <Ctrl> select the objects then click-drag. There is no 2D move command. 

You could also use the sketch dimension command to position the geometry precisely. 

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 3 of 6
hoser_71
in reply to: patrick.miller

When I click and drag it won't snap to another point.  It gets close, but won't snap like in AutoCAD or Inventor.  Is there a way to have it snap like an OSNAP? 

We are copying AutoCAD profiles into Fusion, so there are hundreds of lines and geometry to move.  Dimensioning wouldn't work because there are no constraints in the geometry.  I would have to dimension everything to get it all to move.

Message 4 of 6
patrick.miller

I think sketch constraints may work for you. In Fusion, you have to select geometry to make the constraint commands available. Constraints will be presented based on what you select. Use <Ctrl> select if you cannot window. See the attached video for a simple example.

Hope this helps!

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 5 of 6
hoser_71

Patrick,

Thank you for helping.  I appreciate your effort.

The coincident technique works a little better, but I run into proplems with multiple loops and complex profiles. 

I attached a video showing the process and issues I am going through using a design of ours.  We want to take the sketch from Autocad and either insert it to a specific point, or move the sketch to a point.

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 6
YoyoYue

Thanks for your information.

I found two issues in your video.

The first one is that it won't snap to another point when move the sketch , and the second is that if we use sketch constraints to implement, the sketch moves incorrectly.

For the first one, it is a known issue. And we're dedicated to make improvements in future releases.

For the second one, I am wondering if it is because there is not much constraints among the sketch, so the behavior looks weird. (Please refer to the attached video. There is not any constraint between the two rectangles, so if we choose a point of the outside one, the small rectangle won't move.)

Holp this help!

And about the second issue, if my understanding is not correct, is it convenient for you to email me the file?

(Mail: yoyo.yue@autodesk.com)

I would like to try this and find the reason. (Internal use only)

Thanks again for trying Fusion.

-Yoyo Yue

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report