Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wait process during drawing render process ?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
TIMOHART
597 Views, 1 Reply

wait process during drawing render process ?

Hello ,

Currently I am busy with adding dimensions to my drawing. Always I added a new dimension I check if it works by evaluating the renderSelf Propertie of the added dimension or the view. I figured that this makes it a lot faster that to render the complete drawing. However during renderprocess of the complete drawing Inventor and ETO chrashes even if all the "smaller" renderSelf actions did work out perfectly.

I want to have a wait function or method or a debug break action to confirm the process is allowed to move on. If I place this once in a while in the code it would be easier to figure out the reason for the crash.

There is a thing called debugBreak ( Optional tag As String = "No tag" ) As Integer which I do not know how to use .

Anyone can help ?

Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TIMOHART
in reply to: TIMOHART

After realizing the fact that there is no reply I was surging for a solution myself and did the following which might help in some cases.

Following method will log all renderprocesses in a text file to find the latest action before a crash.

I doubt that the pause effect really takes place but it did already help me after crash to figure out what dimesion or leader note made problems.

WaitMethod.JPG

The method is called by all the modifyers e.g.

IvLinearDimensionModifier

LinearDimensionModifier.JPG

Although I once got told not to use the modifiers I have no other solution.

Thank you / Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report