Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Save As" problem of Intent project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
485 Views, 3 Replies

"Save As" problem of Intent project

Hallo everyone,

I've create a project through "Inventor Intent".
Because of different input parameters from Excel document, I want to save the original project as a copie in other location. Thus I click the button "save as " in Inventor and successfully saved the "project 1" and "project 2" with different input parameters in other location.
In this procedure the current project is always the root project.

Now I met a problem. If I open "project 1" first and then open "project 2". The project 2 will be after dataupdating replaced with "project 1".

I know I can create a new automation assembly based on root project. I'm just wondering why it won't work.

Can somebody help me out? Thanks in advance
lin
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't quite understand your procedure. Are you talking about copying assembly files (iam) or project files (ipj)?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I'm talking about copying assembly files.
I mean I've save the original assembly files with different input under two new location (folder) called "project 1" and "project 2".
I open the assembly file in "project 1" folder with its input. then I open the assembly file in "project 2 " folder. Something is strange that the assembly file and its inputs in "project 2 " has been replaced with the inputs of the "project 1" assembly. At last I've two assemblies with the same inputs(the input of "project 1" assembly).

I really hope I've clearly explained my question.
thanks in advance 🙂
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks Lin, I understand it now.

Can you send (to Intent.Support@Autodesk.com) a reproducible case?

Thanks,
-gene

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report