Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parts not accepting parameters

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alundr
436 Views, 3 Replies

parts not accepting parameters

render issue.JPG

My parts are not accepting the given parameters as seen in the intent model properties.  My part was adopted at 96" tall and my intent code is trying to shorten it to 46".  I sent my code to a colleague, and the parts update as intended for him.

Has anyone seen an issue like this?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
FarrenYoung
in reply to: alundr

yes I have. I never found out why it happened, but it appeared that if I saved the document after it was created and before it was used again (in a new assembly for example) it would work. But if I created a new intent assembly, generated some part member files and didn't save them, the member file would have the parameter values of the factory file.
--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
Message 3 of 4
alundr

As an added complication, Inventor crashes after I try to override the parameter twice.  I know this usually means that there is an error somewhere, but I know there isn't.  I have the code simplified to the point where I'm creating the assembly, creating the part and sending the parameter to part.  

Message 4 of 4
alundr

Well, I finally got it working.  How did I do it?  I wiped my project file and rebuilt it piece by piece.  I did save a copy of the previous code and was able to reuse most of it.  So, after 2 weeks of head scraching, I wiped it and rebuilt it in about a day and a half.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report